I realize this was recorded a long time ago, but I just discovered this artist less than a year ago and this song just puts a smile on my face so I thought I would share with ya'll!!!
I am just in an India kind of mood right now! She has another song called " I am not my hair" that I also like. In the African American community the way your hair looks is very important and determines who your friends are and such unfortunately I remember in high school where there were mostly White kids at my school your looks also determined a lot such as who your friends were and how popular you were and whether or not you got asked out to the dances. I think we could all learn from this song not just among the AA community. Let's all just try to treat each other with love and respect.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment