Patrick discovered the dog door and dog ramp the other day! I knew this day was coming, but I was hoping it would be a while longer until he found it. When we first moved into our house we decided to put in a dog door, but didn't want it in the kitchen so Brad being the smart man that he is decided if we put it in the laundry room we could build a ramp going down to an outside wall and put in another dog door. Sounds complicated I know, but it turned out great. The ramp ended up being about 15 ft long, I told him we should build it big enough that if we needed to retrieve something from it (like a little toddler) we could climb in it. So it is about 2 1/2 feet wide and tall enough that I can sit up in it without hitting my head, which ends up being the perfect size for little kiddos to play in. We even put in a door from the garage so us adults don't have to climb through the dog door! Our
nieces and nephews love to go in there when they come over and now Patrick has found this fun little spot! He now can sneak out of the house without help from me.... thank goodness he hasn't figured out that he needs to be quiet to be sneaky!! Okay that ended up being a really long explanation! Sorry about the rambling!


No comments:
Post a Comment